TO: MCGEO Members
FROM: Office of Human Resources
MCGEO UFCW Local 1994
DATED: November 13, 2018
The SLB continues to be a great success. To date, the 2018 SLB has 4,551 members and has been able to assist members who met the criteria for using SLB hours. The SLB continues to be healthy
and is projected to provide a needed benefit for its members.
Keep in mind the SLB program requires all requests to be reviewed and vetted by medical professionals, therefore your contribution and investment is protected. All members who are FMLA eligible, must include their FMLA application with their SLB application.
We look forward to your continued support in 2019 and have provided information below on how the program will work for the new leave year.
- MCGEO members will be automatically enrolled in the SLB effective with the 2019 leave year. If you wish to be a member of the SLB in 2019, you don’t have to do anything. However, from November 15 through December 14, 2018, you have the opportunity to opt out of the SLB if you wish.
- When new employees reach merit status and become MCGEO members in 2019, they, too, will be automatically enrolled in the SLB and will have thirty (30) days to opt out.
- The maximum sick leave available to a SLB member in a leave year is 16 weeks or 640 hours. Leave will be prorated for part‐time members. Once a request has been approved SLB pay codes can be seen in MCtime. SLB members are allowed one appeal, not to exceed 160 additional hours for their own medical condition, 80 hours for a qualifying family member.
- Updated SLB policy and procedures documents are located online at http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/HR/OccupationalMedicalServices/MedicalLeave.html#1 The opt out form can also be found here.
- Members who do not opt out will see their SLB contribution of eight (8) hours deducted from their pay advice dated February 1, 2019. Part time employees deduction is prorated based on their budgeted work hours.
- If the hours in the SLB fall below 3,000 hours, an additional assessment of eight (8) hours will be taken. There will be only one additional assessment during the leave year if needed.
SLB 2019 Announcement Opt Out notice FINAL
2019 Sick Leave Bank Announcement and Opt Out Form
2019 MCGEO SLB Policy_Final
2019 Sick Leave Bank Policy