Your union staff is working diligently to negotiate and help promulgate safety protocols and procedures for you, our members. We are working with our respective employers – Montgomery County, M-NCPPC, HOC, PGCMLS, Cumberland City Police, ATHENA Consulting and Compass Group.
We have reached agreements on preliminary security protocols with Montgomery County, M-NCPPC, and HOC. You should be receiving copies of those protocols from your respective employers. If you haven’t received them yet, please let us know. Send a notification with your name, your employer and email address and we will get you a copy ASAP.
During this crisis, you and your family’s health and safety is paramount. To that end, the additional actions we are taking are not limited to but include:
- Identifying essential services needed to protect the safety and health of the communities we serve.
- Distinguishing which of our members are “first responders” to ensure public safety and health. These members will need immediate access to testing and additional protections to include safety apparel and equipment.
- Coordinating with our employers to suspend all services not related to public safety and health.
- Actions to protect our members’ pay and benefits during service shutdowns and/or reductions.
- In addition, we are working in partnership with the International Union as well as the National AFL-CIO to coordinate with Local, State and Federal authorities about the impact any new Coronavirus policies could or may have on our members and employer operations.
Be assured that your union is insisting that each of our employers take proactive measures to ensure that you are protected at the highest level possible.
We are working to stay ahead of the situation as it evolves and will demand additional measures and procedures as deemed necessary. As your union, our goal is to work with you and your employers to mitigate the financial and health impact on you and your families.
Should you have any information that you believe could help in achieving this goal, please email me your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to practice good public health hygiene and practice the CDC recommended guidelines (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html).
On a more personal note, I know that these are incredibly stressful days for all of us. Our members are quite literally on the frontlines of this crisis. During such trying times, we must be there for each other like never before. As difficult as the days ahead may be, we will get through this if we work together.
Thank you, for your dedication to public service. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact your respective Field Representative (emails are listed below), the union office or myself.
President, UFCW Local 1994 MCGEO
Vice President, UFCW International Union
|UFCW Local 1994 MCGEO – Field Representatives|
|Amy Millar email@example.com
Lisa Blackwell-Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
Ray Lee email@example.com
John Barry firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Blackwell email@example.com
|Ryan Conlon firstname.lastname@example.org
Frank Santos Fritz email@example.com
Rosa Ortiz firstname.lastname@example.org
Raven Wilkerson email@example.com