Local 1994 has negotiated a new tentative agreement with the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC). The agreement is retroactive to July 1, 2021 and will expire in 2024.
Highlights of the new agreement include:
- Merit Increases – bargaining unit members will receive a 3.5% Service Increment (Anniversary increase) in FY2022 that will go into effect during the first full pay period following full ratification of the agreement.
Bargaining unit members shall receive a 3.5% FY2021 make-up merit increase if they (1) were employed by the Commission during the period of July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021 (2) qualified for a merit increase in accordance with the performance evaluation system at that time, and (3) otherwise were eligible to receive a merit increase at that time.
- Expansion of Salary Range/Top of Grade – Effective July 1, 2021, the Commission agrees to expand the top of all bargaining unit salary scales by 3.5%.
For FY2022, employees who are top of grade will receive an increase of 1.75% that shall be effective at the beginning of the pay period in which their assigned anniversary date occurs in FY2022. Payment will occur after full ratification of the agreement.
Employees who were top of grade in FY2021 will receive a second increase of 1.75% effective the last full pay period in FY2022.
- No increase to health insurance premiums.
- Administrative Leave (for Bereavement) – the language was expanded to include “or other relatives or spouses’ relatives if living under the same roof as the employee at the time of death”
- Reclassification to a Higher Grade – Upon reassignment or reclassification to a higher grade, a bargaining unit member shall receive an increase in base pay of up to 5%. A higher increase shall be provided if necessary to meet the minimum salary of the new grade
- The Commission shall designate Juneteenth as a Commission Holiday for MCGEO represented employees
Thanks go to the Park and Planning Bargaining Team members Noel Bassett, Kevin Smith, and Yacir Diaz and to MCGEO staff John Barry, Tyler Enceneat and Lisa Blackwell-Brown for negotiating the new agreement.
A copy of the agreement will be uploaded soon. https://www.mcgeo.org/contracts/#24-165-m-ncppc