How do I know if I am a member?
How can I become an active member of the Union?
Can I opt out of the Union?
It is a continuing condition of employment that all bargaining unit employees shall become members of the union within 30 days of obtaining merit system status or shall pay a service fee. You cannot opt out of the union.
Where can I find my Union Contract?
You can view the contracts online by visiting our contracts page.
What is the role of a Shop Steward?
- Acting as a liaison between the membership and union leadership
- Assisting the union leadership in identifying/resolving worksite problem
- Serving on Collective Bargaining Advisory Committee to help identify bargaining proposals
- Enforcing the contract at your worksite
- Increasing active union membership at your worksite
- Representing co-workers in disciplinary actions with their supervisors
Who is my Shop Steward?
To find out who your Shop Steward, visit our Steward’s Directory.
Who do I contact regarding a Workers’ Compensation claim?
What’s a grievance? How do I file?
If you think that you have a grievable offense, you should contact your field representative who will determine whether or not a grievance can actually be filed. Once it is determined that you have experienced a grievable offense, the appropriate union representative will complete the necessary paperwork and forward it to the appropriate department official. The union representative will also advise you, at the time, of the ensuing process and the expectations of the employee from that point forward.
What Are My Weingarten Rights?
DERECHAS DE WEINGARTEN
What Is FMLA?
For information on the Family and Medical Leave Act and your rights consult your union contract. You can view the contracts online by visiting our contracts page.